Easy can be difficult
Animals that perform in circuses are easy to get tired.
If we reduce this to its most basic grammar, we get:
Animals are easy.
I don't think that's what the writer intended. Let's look at some examples!
- My answer was pretty easy to understand.
- = My answer was easy.
- The daily instructions are very easy to follow.
- = The daily instructions are easy.
- The game is really pretty easy to play.
- = The game is easy.
Now contrast the previous examples with the following.
- Generally it is easier for men to handle horses.
- = Handling horses is easy (NOT men are easy!)
- It is easy for smartphone users to use QR codes.
- = Using QR codes is easy (NOT smartphone users are easy!)
- It is easy for people to misunderstand religious language and ritual.
- = Misunderstanding is easy (NOT people are easy!)
Returning to our previous example, we can fix it (easily!) if we begin with It is easy for..:
It is easy for
animals that perform in circuses to become tired.
it is easy/difficult for + noun + to + V1
..featured in the song by GuruEAP Lemon Squeezy. Check it out!
An alternative improvement would be to use an adverb:
Animals that are used to perform become tired easily.
..and for an even higher IELTS score, avoid 'become' by using the verb form of 'tired':
Animals that are used to perform tire easily.
If you're studying in Australia you should make an effort to see the amazing Circus OZ - an animal-free circus!